Today with one of the SSAS project couple of files lost association with TFS. The main cube file was showing renaming in TFS history.
We decided to delete and re-add the SSAS project in TFS.
- Copy the project using Windows File explorer at different location.
- Check if any checked-out files. In this case we did undo checkout and made sure no one has files checked out.
- Using Source Control Explorer delete the project and check-in.
- Now copy back from the backup location.
- Open the project in Visual Studio or SSDT.
- We should see all the files and no association with TFS.
- Right click on the project in Solution explorer window and select “Add Project to Source Control…”.
- The entire project will get into TFS and all the files will get TFS association.
- Ask any of other team member to get the latest version for the project from TFS and open with Visual Studio or SSDT.