As per my understanding there can be 3 approaches for SSIS upgrade or migration from 2012 to 2016.
We created a new instance of SSIS 2016 (SQL Server 2016 – SSIS catalog db).
- First approach is using SSDT open the package and it will get converted and then deploy to the 2016 server.
- Take the backup of 2012 package and restore the ISPAC package on 2016 server.
- In above 2 approaches we will have to do individually each package. So this third approach.
- On the 2016 server create SSIS catalog.
- Restore the SSISDB from 2012 to 2016 server.
- Run the SSIS Upgrade wizard.
- Update the Master Key using:
OPEN master Key decryption by password = ‘Password’ — when creating 2012 SSISDB
ALTER Master Key ADD encryption by Service Master Key
Update the connection strings and password.