We have basic SQL server installed. What’s next?
- Restore/create the databases.
- Create logins. Chick here to get details of power shell script to create logins.
- Create Credentials based on existing logins. Click here for syntax details.
- Create Proxies based on above created Credentials. Click here for syntax details.
- Configure Database email and create email accounts and profiles based on them. Click here for syntax details.
- Configure operators. Click here for syntax details.
- If you are using SSIS from this server then create SSIS Catalog and give your ETL and/or SSAS users (if any) explicitly access to SSISDB database created ( on creating SSIS catalog).
- If through one job you are using msdb..sp_start_job to invoke another job, then give your ETL user TargetServersRole of msdb database and edit the same to grant execute access on object sp_start_job.