When a new field gets added to SQL server table how to update its BDC external list:
- Navigate to the SharePoint site and delete the existing BDC external list.
- Now open SharePoint Designer and copy (take screen shot) of the existing permissions.
- Now from LHS navigation menu of External Content Types, select the one which needs updated, and do right click and do delete.
- Now following the previous posting for creating the new one.
- While selecting the table, if the newly added field doesn’t appear then delete and re-add and refresh the table and make sure the newly added column appears.
- By logging onto Central Admin adjust the permissions.
- Go tot SharePoint site and create the external BDC list.