We can set up a linked server for SSAS Analysis Services using following steps:
- Connect to the Database Engine in SQL Management Studio.
- Expand Server Objects, right-click Linked Servers, and click New Linked Server.
- Define a name for the linked server, and set the following options as shown below:
- Provider: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Analysis Services 10.0 or 11 (SSAS 2012)
- Product name: MSOLAP.4 or MSOLAP(SSAS 2012)
- Data source: (the name of SSAS server)
- Catalog: (the name of the SSAS database)